'Shock' Revelations Could Be Released by Former Murdoch Security
Former News UK employee acquitted in phone-hacking trial suggests senior figures privately 'confessed'
The former head of security at Rupert Murdoch's UK newspaper empire has threatened to go public with "shock" revelations about the company.
Mark Hanna, who was cleared of perverting the course of justice in the phone hacking trial last year, said he heard other defendants make “confessions” when he was “extremely close” to them during eight months in the dock.
He said he was speaking out after it was confirmed that Rebekah Brooks was returning to News UK - formerly News International.
In a video posted on YouTube Mr Hanna, who left his job in January, said: "To me - as previous director of group security - this is Murdoch's middle finger being shoved right in my face after standing trial with her and others, in what was classed as the trial of the century.
"I'm now standing up to all those who sit back and treat us all with contempt, the Murdochs and Brooks of the world."
He added: “Having been extremely close to some of those who pulled the strings within the company as well as sitting there every day of the week throughout the eight month trial … conversations took place, notes were made and even confessions were made.
“I intend to tell you everything that I know, which I’m sure will shock everybody.”
Mr Hanna said: “This shows total contempt for all the victims of their antics and previous illegal activities over the years.”
Mrs Brooks quit as chief executive of News International, publisher of The Sun, The Times and Sunday Times newspapers, at the height of the phone hacking scandal in July 2011.
She reportedly walked away with a payout of more than £10 million.
Mr Hanna - a former soldier who had been employed at News International since 2009 - was reported to have received £30,000 after he was made redundant.
He has since said he has been unable to find other work because of the "stigma" of being involved in the phone-hacking trial.
Mrs Brooks was acquitted of being part of the hacking conspiracy, along with former News of the World managing editor Stuart Kuttner, following a 138-day trial which ended in June last year.
Former News of the World editor Andy Coulson, who went on to become David Cameron's director of communications, was convicted and handed an 18-month prison sentence.
It has since emerged the company could face corporate criminal charges over phone hacking.
The Crown Prosecution Service said last week that the Metropolitan Police had handed over a "full file" of evidence relating to hacking at the News of the World.
A spokesperson for News UK said: "Mark Hanna has been through an exceptionally difficult time. He was acquitted in court and, throughout the trial, we supported him and paid his substantial legal fees. We also continued to pay his salary and bonuses and provided other financial support throughout his trial and afterwards. When he said he wished to return, we offered him a comparable position with the company.
"Despite all our efforts to find a resolution with Mark, the matter is now before an employment tribunal, a fair and independent proceeding, where the company will defend itself vigorously. We consider his YouTube video to be an attempt to force News UK into offering an unreasonable financial settlement. Of course, we complete